Stella Sofía Vanegas Morales
– Founding partner of the firm –
+57 317 4416313
- Lawyer focused in in facilitating business management, contributing to innovation and to business dynamics.
- She is experienced in directing and coordinating projects inside companies, focused in reaching results, in conforming committed and efficient teams, and in facilitating processes.
- She has been the Lawyer for the bank Banco Caldas, the Colmena Corporation, Chief of the Legal Department of Seguros Bolívar (1994-1997), Director of the Private Law Area at Fundación Social and its companies (1997-1998 and July 200 to January 2003), Legal Vice President of the Fundación Social and its companies (2003-2009); Legal Director of Colombia’s Financial Superintendence (2010); Legal Manager of Computec S.A.- Datacrédito, today known as Experian (Sept. 2010 – March 2013).
- Lawyer from the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá, 1990.
- Specialized in Financial Legislation, Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, 1994.
- Specialized in Community Law, Universidad de Alcalá, Spain, 2000.
- LLM in Laws, Lovaina University, Belgium, 1999.
- Recognized for her positioning and great experience on personal data on the Chambers & Partners ranking latinamerica on band 2 «Tech, telecom and media» .
- Included and highlighted onte 11th edition of the «Best Lawyers» Ranking on its “Privacy and Legislation on Data Security” Category
- Appointed as Chair of the Spanish Speaking Committe of Privacy Rules.
- Professor of the module “Data Protection and the Rights of the Consumer” at the Specialization in Commercial Law at Pontificia Universidad Javeriana.
- Third highest GPA in the Specialization in Financial Legislation at Universidad de Los Andes.
- Until 2021 she served as Cochair of the Knowledgenet chapter of the IAPP.
- She currently holds the role of President of the Board of Directors of the Colombian Association of Privacy and Data (Adapri).
- Data Protection.
- Cybersecurity and management of security incidents.
- Attention, answers, and complaints related to data protection.
- Consumer rights.
- New developments of Artificial Intelligence.